THE MIND OF CHRIST
Lesson 3: The Temptation of Jesus.
Read: Matthew 4:1-11; Mark 1:12-13; Luke 4:1-13.
Attributes of Christ:
1) Full of the Holy Spirit.
2) Willingness to be led by the Spirit.
3) Resistance to all kinds of temptations.
4) Able to apply Holy Scriptures to each occasion of temptation.
5) List any additional attributes you discover.
Lesson 3 Questions
1) Can we be full of the Holy Spirit? If so, how? List any Scriptures that bear on the subject.
2) How may we be led of the Spirit now?
3) What are the "fruits of the Spirit?"
4) How can walking in the fruits of the Spirit aid one in facing temptations?
5) Can you suggest techniques or methods by which we may cultivate a greater willingness to be led by the Spirit?
5) How may we resist and overcome temptations?
6) Are there Scriptures in the Bible that prove this? If so, what are they?
7) In what categories may all temptations be placed? (consider 1 John 2:15-16).
8) What specific things may one do to develop or demonstrate the ability to apply the Scriptures to any such occasion?
9) Consider again each response that Jesus gave to Satan (Mat 4:4, 7, 10). How can one practically develop these into powerful deterrents to sin?