THE MIND OF CHRIST
Lesson 10: The Sermon on the Mount.
Read: Matthew 6:1-34; Luke 11:1-6.
Attributes of Christ:
1) Disregard of mere ceremonialism.
2) Hatred of hypocrisy.
3) Willingness to give alms.
4) Ability to set priorities, but not to neglect smaller matters.
5) Disregard for the glory of men.
6) Willingness to bear burdens.
7) List any additional attributes.
Lesson 10 Questions
1) What are some problems connected with giving alms?
2) How many one solve them?
3) If one is naturally or unnaturally stingy, how would he developed a Christlike attitude of willingness to give arms?
4) Is there a difference in having a prayerful disposition and “praying without ceasing?” If so, what?
5) How may one develop a prayerful mind?
6) What are values or disadvantages of praying long prayers?
7) How does Jesus‘ praying all night relate to his example of a short prayer?
8) How does one develop more reverence in himself and others for God?
9) How does one manifest that reverence ?
10) How does language and/ or posture have any relevance to this? If so, what?
11) What are some legitimate concerns over the kingdom of heaven?
12) Did God have a kingdom before Jesus prayed, “Your kingdom come?” If so, what did He mean? If not, what is a kingdom?
13) How can a greater concern for the kingdom be developed and/ or manifested?
15) What specific things may we do to develop a willingness to let our wills conform to His will?
16) Is there anyway one can determine God’s will in matters not directly revealed in the Bible? If so, what?
17) Does God HAVE a will in those matters (such as what job you have, where you live, whom you marry, etc.)? Why do you think so or not?
18) How many one demonstrate a dependence on God for material things?
19) Make a Christian properly pray for material or personal lessons?
20) Is there a need to specify a particular sin when we ask for forgiveness? Why or why not? (consider 1 John 1:8-10).
21) With God lead us into temptation if we did not pray for Him not to? If not, why pray it?
22) How does this relate to James’ statement that God does not tempt anyone? (see James 1:13).
23) What is fasting?
24) Should we do it? If so, when and why?
25) Is a bank account contrary to Matthew 6:19? Why or why not?
26) If not, how could one lay up of treasures on earth? (consider Luke 12:13-21).
28) What is the difference, if any, in being CONCERNED about food, clothing and shelter, and I’m being ANXIOUS?
29) How many one develop freedom from anxiety about them? (consider Philippians 4:6-7).