THE MIND OF CHRIST
Lesson 7: The Paralytic Man Cured.
Read: Matthew 9:2-8; Mark 2:1-12; Luke 5:18-26.
Attributes of Christ:
1) His influence could not be hidden.
2) Willingness to praise the faith and determination of others.
3) Willing to forgive.
4) Ability to respond properly to criticism.
5) List any additional attributes you discover.
Lesson 7 Questions
1) What are some advantages in learning to recognize and praise the faith or good attributes of others?
2) What are some appropriate occasions where it should be done?
3) What are some occasions where it might NOT be appropriate?
4) If you lack the willingness, what do you think might be the causes of your unwillingness to praise others?
5) What ways can you think of to develop that attribute?
6) What are some differences and/ or similarities in man's forgiveness and God's forgiveness?
7) Should we forgive another who does not repent?
8) Suppose a judge had a son who was convicted of murder. Could the judge forgive the son PERSONALLY and not forgive him JUDICIALLY?
9) If one has difficulty in forgiving, how can one develop the forgiving disposition? (Consider the following: Romans 5:7-8; Ephesians 4:31-32; Colossians 3:13; Matthew 18:21-35.
10) What are some proper and improper responses to criticism?
11) What are some specific things one might do to improve his response or attitude toward criticism?