THE MIND OF CHRIST
Lesson 6: Jesus Casting Out Demons.
Read: Matthew 8:14-17; Mark 1:21-39; Luke 4:31-44.
Attributes of Christ:
1) Sympathy for the oppressed.
2) Unwillingness to take credit for service performed.
3) A teaching mind.
4) Courage to face demons.
5) A praying disposition.
6) List any additional attributes you discover.
Lesson 6 Questions
1) How does one develop a sympathetic mind for the sick and oppressed?
2) What kinds of sickness do persons have for which we should have the most sympathy?
3) One didn't have to go far to see someone who was oppressed by real demons during Jesus' time. But, during our lifetimes, how can we be on the look out for those round about us who are battling their own demons (i.e. lust, greed, hateful-grudge, addiction, etc), that we may help them?
4) What are some possible reasons for our own inner demons? (Consider the following: Romans 6:12-16; Galatians 5:16-25; Colossians 3:5-15.
5) Are there times when we should NOT take credit for services we perform? If so, give examples (Consider Luke 17:7-10).
6) Are there times when we should? If so, give examples.
7) How does one develop a more prayerful disposition?
8) What is meant by Paul's admonition in 1 Thessalonians 5:17?
9) How does one develop a teaching mindset?
10) May we have a disposition to teach in some ways or circumstances and not in others? If so, should we? (Consider 2 Timothy 4:2).
11) Did Jesus limit His teaching to one or two kinds of circumstances? Should we?