Important Life Lessons From Moses, Part 3
Lesson 3: "Don’t Forget About God!"
Lesson Text: Deut 8:1-20.
A) We Do Not Live On Bread Alone (Deut 8:1-3; Mat 4:1-4).
1) The greatest lesson we can ever learn in life is that God's Word is the greatest necessity for human existence (Heb 4:1-13).
2) We were created by God for God (Rom 14:7-8; Col 1:15-17; Eccl 12:13).
B) God Disciplines Us Because He Loves Us (Deut 8:4-6).
1) Israel’s prosperity clearly had a Divine cause. Under no normal circumstance would clothing not wear out over nearly 40 years of wear (Mat 6:19-20).
2) Contrary to popular belief, our lives are not always punitive, but rather, a learning experience (1 Cor 10:13; Heb 12:1-13).
C) Be Careful Not To Forget About God (Deut 8:7-16).
1) We must constantly live our lives in the name of the Lord (Col 3:17).
2) We must rejoice, pray without ceasing and be thankful to God, in all circumstances (1 Thes 5:16-18).
D) Beware of Self-Elevation (Deut 8:17-20).
1) God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble (1 Pet 5:5).
2) We are nothing without God (Gen 2:7).
3) Neither can our own might nor our own righteous accomplish anything (Deut 9:4; Isa 64:6).