THE MIND OF CHRIST
Lesson 9: Be Perfect.
Read: Matthew 5:38-48; Luke 6:29-36.
Attributes of Christ:
1) Non-Resistance to evil.
2) Returning good for evil.
3) A love for sinners.
4) Desire to be perfect.
5) List any additional attributes.
Lesson 9 Questions
1) Do you find in the Bible different meanings for the term “evil?” If so, give them.
2) Are there kinds that should be resisted and kinds that should not?
3) How does one develop a disposition not to retaliate?
4) What are some specific situations where we might return good for evil?
5) Can you think of any situations where it might not be proper?
6) What does the term “love” mean, as used here?
7) What are different kinds or forms of love and what is the difference between them? (Below are Greek words for love, what do they mean?
8) Can one learn to develop any one of the forms of love listed above, and if so, which ones and how?
9) There are at least four ways for learning to develop love (agape). See if you can name others besides these: Think good about, say good to and about and do good for.
10) Name a specific example of how one might do each of the above three things.
11) What is meant by “You therefore must be perfect, as your Heavenly Father is perfect?”
12) How can one do it?