THE MIND OF CHRIST
Lesson 8: Attitudes & Beatitudes
Read: Matthew5:1-12; Luke 6:20-26.
Attributes of Christ:
1) Ready to teach many people.
2) Unafraid to address simple moral issues.
3) Willing to challenge the religious traditions and norms of society.
4) List any additional attributes you discover.
Lesson 8 Questions
1) What is meant by:
poor in spirit?
Hunger & Thirst for Righteousness?
Pure in Heart?
Joyful in Persecution?
2) Suggest a technique or method of developing each.
3) Is there any difference in WANTING to be righteous and in hungering after it? If so, what?
4) What are some specific causes of impure hearts?
5) How does one get it pure and keep it that way?
6) In what areas can one try to make peace?
7) What are some specific actions one may perform in order to make peace?
8) How does this relate to Jesus’ statement that He came not to bring peace but a sword? (Matthew 10:34).
9) In His sermon on the mount, Jesus instructs his disciples to have joy in persecution because those who suffer for righteousness sake and His name will receive a great reward, later in heaven. How can we learn to develop and maintain a joyful disposition until we get to heaven?